A qualified lawyer, Stephen has also managed one of the largest providers of construction and maintenance services to the Telecommunications and Electrical Services sectors in New Zealand. His experience extends to leadership as an executive managing cross-functional teams across large scale asset management, industrial services and construction businesses, and banking & finance.
He brings substantial commercial experience from a range of industries – both large corporates and SMEs – and a track record of driving strategy, innovation, commercial disciplines and relationship-driven business growth. He has started (and sold) businesses, and brings depth of experience advising businesses on the buy-side of business acquisitions.
Stephen thrives on the challenge of working collaboratively in complex business environments, working with clients and guiding people and operations to ensure high quality service delivery and associated contracted commercial outcomes.
His strengths lie in:
- Civil and Electrical Infrastructure
- Construction, Industrial Services and Asset Maintenance
- Banking & Finance, Law, Professional Services and Management Consulting
- Leadership, Culture development, Business Performance Management
- Commercial, Business, and Reputational Risk Management
- Legal Affairs, Negotiation, Contracting, M&A and Dispute Resolution
- Health & Safety, People and Culture
Stephen works directly with clients and leads Plan A’s experienced team of tender writers and bid managers.